Unloading shipping containers
Our storage centres have Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI)-approved transitional facilities so you can unload shipping containers. But there are a few things that you need to sort out before you can unload your containers at our facilities.
Here are some guidelines for unloading shipping containers at our self storage facilities.
1) Customers must select a unit and complete a Standard License Agreement including payment for the Unit and all other charges prior to the container arriving or entering the Storage Facility at Kiwi Self Storage. Note: we have a minimum Storage period of 1 month.
2) Kiwi Self Storage must receive from the customer or the customers Agent, a Customs Delivery Order and or a Bio-security Authority Clearance Certificate (BA/CC), PRIOR to the container entering the Storage Centre at Kiwi Self Storage.
3) No containers can come on site or be removed from site outside Office hours 8.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Storers are not permitted to give container trucks entrance or exit or the PIN number.
4) The BA/CC form will identify if a MPI Officer is required to inspect the container and/or certain specific items. If a MPI Officer is required, the Container MUST NOT be opened until the MPI officer arrives (subject to arrangements made with MPI).
5) Subject to 3 above, an Accredited Person (AP) must also be present when the container is opened at Kiwi Self Storage and remain onsite until signed off. NOTE: We will not permit a container to be opened unless Items 3 and 4 are complied with in full.
6) All Accredited Persons (AP) must provide Kiwi Self Storage adequate ID of their Accreditation with MPI. The Accreditation may be confirmed by phone with MPI.
7) Once a container has been opened and the contents inspected, the Accredited Person (AP), must complete a MPI Quarantine Service Container Log Sheet (Log Sheet), a copy of which will be held on file at Kiwi Self Storage and the original sent to MPI by the Accredited Person.
8) Once the goods have been loaded into a storage unit the customer is to place a Padlock on the unit and keep the key.
9) Containers are to be removed from Kiwi Self Storage as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the customer to have the container removed from Kiwi Self Storage.
10) Charges vary from facility to facility so if you’re interested in unloading a sea container at one of our facilities, please call your local facility and speak to one of our staff.
If you need any more information on this, the best thing to do is speak to our friendly managers or have a look at the MPI website, which is full of useful information.