Spring into summer with Kiwi Self Storage
As summer approaches, it’s a good idea to think about spring cleaning your unit and potentially swapping out your summer belongings for your winter ones. Put those skis away and retrieve your surfboards, store your winter clothes and rediscover your summer ones!
We recommend checking in on your belongings every so often while they’re in storage and a great opportunity to do this is during your annual spring clean. You might also want to swap around some of your items and store other things while you’re at it.
Here are a few tips:
Set achievable goals - you don't have to get it all done in one go and you'll be more likely to complete the task if it doesn't seem impossible.
Be disciplined - we like to use the six-month rule, if you haven't used it/worn it in the last six months, throw it away or of that seems too drastic, put it in your storage unit!
Donate, recycle, reuse - if you decide to throw something away, take a moment to think about whether someone else might have use of it. One man's trash is another man's treasure after all.
If you aren't currently using self storage, here are some of the benefits:
- flexible rental periods - we won't tie you into long contracts, our minimal rental period is one month and you just need to give us two weeks' notice when you're ready to leave.
- range of unit sizes - we have a large variety of unit sizes at each of our facilities, give our friendly staff a call to find out which size is right for you.
- strong security measures in place - at Kiwi Self Storage, we have CCTV, electric-perimeter fencing, individually-alarmed units and resident managers living on site.
- free use of trailers and trolleys
- access hours - you can enter your unit(s) freely between 5am-11pm, 24 hour access is available upon application.
Even if you don’t need it long term, self storage can free up space in your home, make decorating or renovating easier, be a safe place to store seasonal items, give you your spare room back…the list goes on and on because there are lots of benefits to self storage.
If you’re unsure where to start, give our staff a call on 0800 58 57 56.